Tuesday 19 July 2011

Pastries- Croissant/Crescent Rolls

Croissant also known as the crescent roll is a buttery flaky bread. This in my humble opinion is probably one of the best and tastiest delight to emerge from an oven. I was over at Amigos (one of the supermarkets in Abuja, located in Wuse II) in the morning to pick up a few items before heading into work. And just like I do every time I'm in Amigos I do a quick scan to see if there are any edibles that could soothe my taste bud. Lo and behold I came across these croissants fresh from the bakery. I was completely helpless, there was no way I was going to leave the store without purchasing one. I was greeted by one of the store clerks who informed me they had both chocolate and cheese filled croissant. As much as I love chocolate, cheese will always trump chocolate any day any time. I purchased the cheese filled croissant.
It was absolutely delicious, like I had a slice of heaven in my mouth. If I had the opportunity to create my own heaven, I would have it filled with croissants, coffee and ice cream and off course the ability not to gain a single pound hahahahahaha. The croissants cost 240 naira a piece. Not too bad for Abuja standard, I think (I'm now immune to Abuja prices, they don't shock me as much as it used to).
This could serve as the perfect breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea or as a snack. Either way you just gotta try them, but you have to make it to Amigos early because I think these are available only in the mornings. I'm assuming because I've never seen them later in the day when I've gone to Amigos. I'm definitely heading back to Amigos to get me more of these goodies :)

1 comment:

  1. www.clickonvenue.com will like to meet you. Nice job. email us at info@clickonvenue.com cheers

    ReplyDelete