Tuesday 12 April 2011

Restaurant Review #5

Mama Cass- Wuse II Abuja
I was meeting with a couple friends and we were looking for a decent and affordable place to eat (in Abuja its usually a rare combination). The fact that we were all newbies in Abuja wasn't helping our cause either. After deliberating for a couple minutes we finally settled on Mama Cass. I've dined there before and was slightly disappointed on my first visit. I was told that it was an all you can eat buffet. So you can imagine my excitement- I was already looking forward to stuffing my face hehehehehe. Well its a buffet but not a all you can eat buffet. They charge for every item you select. So if I wanted a serving of chicken, rice, snail, etc, I had to pay for them individually which pissed me off. I also remember my meal not tasting too good either. Well the second time around did not show any improvement. The food still tasted bland. Definitely not a meal worth remembering. I had fried rice with fried fish. If I was to run a cost analysis on my meal, my conclusion is that the restaurant owes me money. They should be paying me to eat at their restaurant. My friends weren't too thrilled about their meal either. We were grossly overcharged for our meal. Which is quite common in Abuja and yet they are still in business which I don't get. I mean is it really that hard to get good food at a reasonable price here? I'm beginning to wonder.
Cost- Medium - High Range

2 comments:

  1. lol- I like how Naija has interchangeable definitions of "all you can eat" buffet- but you know what? I think their definition is closer to the real deal than in the US. "All you can eat but you gotta pay for it" aka quantity = higher cost

    Sorry to make fun. I've been checking here everyday! But I don't suppose it's fair for me to expect you to eat out everyday to feed by Naija dinning experience obsessiveness eh?

    What if I send you money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now u're talking Abbie. My measly income ain't cutting it. I'm not so worried about packing on the pounds now hehehehehe. So I think we can reach an agreement. U said dough I stuff myself hehehehehe. There's a couple of high end places in Abuja I've been dying to check out. And well I've been kinda of lazy this past month. So I haven't been posting much. But I have a couple of interesting places to add soon. So stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete