Sunday 10 April 2011

Restaurant Review #4

I've been gone for a while but I'm back now. I have a couple restaurants to review - some good and others not so much. Let me start with my top fave.
Pizzarama Takeaway & Caribbean Food - Plot 17, Amino Kano Crescent Opp. Banex Plaza, Wuse II Abuja. 07055221147, 08033327217
If you are a pizza lover you definitely have to check this place out. I ordered Margherita pizza (plain cheese pizza) and let me just say it came pretty close to pizza hut pizza. It was pure heaven. Well made crust and the cheese tasted right. I've tried pizza at other restaurants but this is by far the best pizza I've had in Abuja. The only drawback is that it is quite expensive. Their "medium" pizza which is actually a small pizza cost N1,800 yikes. Their food is quite expensive. Apart from pizza, they also serve sandwiches like the Philadelphia, Caribbean Jerk chicken, fajitas, shawarma, salads, smoothies and caribbean dishes. Its definitely worth a try. It's a small restaurant but they also have outdoor seating available. I only tried the pizza but will definitely be going back for the salad and sandwiches. I give it my chowspot stamp approval.
Cost - High range

The Hungry Man Restaurant - 24 Durban Street Wuse II Abuja. Opposite Starcomms office. Tel. 07036634552, 08055636642
This was my second time here. Can't seem to remember what I had the last time. This was one of the first restaurants in Abuja I visited with my mom. The food was standard but good. The menu consisted of both local foods and continental dishes. This was my first hand experience on how expensive good dining is in Abuja. Make sure your wallet is padded before you visit here. Well on my second visit, I ordered their chips and fried chicken. My meal took quite a while to arrive. I had to wait for almost 30 mins. I had a girl on my table and she too was complaining on how slow it took them to prepare her meal. The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere. It's not overly decorated but still quite pleasant. My menu arrived and the chips was perfectly crispy and well the chicken was also crispy which was not so good. I was looking forward to a more juicy fried chicken. The meal wasn't that bad but it would have been perfect if the chicken wasn't too dry. After my meal a tiny slice of room temperature watermelon was served. I mean c'mon what happened to chilled watermelon? There was light so you can't blame it on PHCN. In terms of cost, it was quite expensive. I paid N1550 for my entire meal. The overall experience was good and it's definitely a nice place to visit again. Off course with a well padded wallet :)
Cost - High range
Below is a picture of my meal

1 comment:

  1. No complains about the quality or cost of the meals at Hungry man, still am not comfortable with the time it takes them to fix the meals.

    ReplyDelete