Friday 25 February 2011

Indomie, Indomie Noodles !!!!!!!

Doctors will tell you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gives your metabolism a boost and as a result you tend to consume less throughout the day. Well that's all good stuff I love to hear because I love me some breakfast. Pancakes, whole wheat toast with honey and peanut butter, scrambled eggs, English muffin sandwich with egg and cheese and the list goes on and on.
However, since my return from the States, my breakfast menu has changed tremendously. On my quest to find a new breakfast menu I stumbled upon Indomie. I won't lie, this was quite different - I mean Indomie as breakfast!!! I've had Indomie as a quick meal in the States when I was too lazy to cook but never for breakfast. I never even considered it breakfast food at all. So imagine my amazement when I went in search for breakfast and was recommended to an Indomie joint close to my work place. I've heard rave reviews about this place. So in the true spirit of food adventure I had to check out this spot and I was not disappointed. It's not that I'm incapable of making noodles but hot dang!!!! that was some good Indomie. The place is always packed and never an empty pan. In true naija fashion, the indomie is prepared in the open with kerosene stove. I had my indomie with egg- no not fried egg. The indomie is soaked in hot water first to soften it, then its drained and an egg is mixed with the noodles with onions, fresh pepper and seasoning packet. The whole stuff is fried (not deep fried) and it comes out crispy and hmm hmmm good. And this ladies and gents is the end result.
There's a lot of joints like this. But this one is in Zone 5 near the PDP headquarter. Give it a try, you won't regret it.

1 comment:

  1. Nigerians and their innovative talents.
    I swear! The good we'd do if only we tried.

    This looks yummy!
    But you know the noodles here is different from the ones in Naija. I love the naija ones better.

    ReplyDelete