Sunday 27 February 2011

How Do You Like Your Fish?

Located in Kubwa at the Miliki Junction
I'll have mine roasted with ripe plantains, carrots, onions, and topped with tomato stew and wrapped in foil. Make that to go too. For dinner today, my sister convinced me to try the roasted fish. She's been going on and on about the fish so I just had to try it and it was pure awesomeness!!!!!!!! Even before we unwrapped our lovely steaming packet, the sweet aroma emanating from it was just too good to put into words. The fish was cooked to perfection, the tomato sauce/stew complemented the fish perfectly. The ripe plantain provided just the right amount of sweetness to the dish. I can honestly say that I've never had fish prepared in this manner. It was just utterly perfect. The fish itself was huge but maybe because it tasted so good, my sister and I felt that we could have gone for a second round. I believe I could live on this stuff for a couple months (no not a lifetime, I'm sure I'll get tired of it by then hahahahaha). The fish is prepared by the roadside by guys dressed like chefs and they were actually wearing the white hats too. Now if that doesn't prove their authenticity as professional chefs, I don't know what will hahahahahaha. I thought it was quite cool though.

Cost- 1500 naira

No comments:

Post a Comment